Lady M | Overrated Cafe at Orchard Central

Verdict: Never coming back again.


This post would be short and simple.

So, I have been recommended by someone who is pastry-trained that Lady M cakes are delicious and it's better than Henri Charpentier located at Level 1 Orchard Central, close to Lady M. What's best, the person has recommended me the strawberry shortcake. I wonder when is the last time the person has went. laughs. Besides, there is always a long queue isn't it? There could be other nice cakes, but just not strawberry shortcakes.

When it's our turn, we were surprised by the concept of the cafe, classy, but table setting in the cafe is narrow and cramp at the 'middle storey' and the white partition is unnecessary.
(Image from ordinarypatrons.com)


1) STAFF ARE NOT ATTENTIVE.
When we are placing an order, we raise our hands up high and there is no one bother to attend to us. It took about 10 minutes for us to finally place an order. They were having so much fun pulling each other's apron string too. How fun.

2) STAFF ARE BARELY TRAINED.
In what way? Not repeating my order and when we have our cakes finally arrived, they slam it on our table. I'm not sure if serving a glass of water is an exercise in their management, cause they should.

3) SLOW SERVICE.
What requires them to take 25 minutes to get a slice of cakes ready on the plate and takes 10 minutes to return my change?



4) DON'T EVER BUY THEIR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
I don't know about you but I love strawberry shortcakes. Since I've been recommended for it, I tried and it disappoint me in every way. Strawberries are so sour and sponge is not smooth nor soft. Cream is okay. So far, Henry Charpentier has the best example for strawberry shortcakes and feel free to share with me which store is better than Henry's.
My fiance tried their double chocolate and it's better than the strawberry shortcake. It's extremely rich and heavy, well recommended for chocolate lovers.

As you have read, technically I have terrible impression due to bad service. Even so.. Please. Dont. No matter how many times anyone would persuade me to, I will not recommend Lady M to anyone or go again.

Popular Posts